Thursday, March 27, 2014

Last blood work appointment before transfer!

This morning I went to ORM to get my blood drawn for the last time before transfer. I should hear back from Marissa by the end of the day with my estrogen and progesterone levels. Then she will let me know how much Delestrogen to inject tomorrow evening. I do my Delestrogen injections on Mondays & Fridays. Hopefully we're all good for transfer day!



I started my Progesterone injection (PIO) : Progesterone is the hormone necessary for the preparation of the uterine lining for the implantation of the embryo and the maintenance of early pregnancy. last night. It went well, Brandon did it for me. Some of the medication oozed out a little bit but that's normal. I'm so thankful for surrogacy groups on facebook. The women on there are wonderful and have been very helpful with the process. If I ever have a question, they always have answers and experiences to share with me.

I started my antibiotics this morning and will continue to do so until transfer day. I also start Medrol tonight: Medrol is a low-dose steroid pill to suppress the autoimmune system from interfering with embryo implantation. and will also continue taking Medrol every evening until transfer day.

I'm feeling a bit tired today.

I just got the call from Marissa about my levels: (she usually calls later in the day so I was a bit surprised!)

Estradiol level: 554
Progesterone level: 8.8

They are upping my PIO injection tonight from 1ml to 2ml. And Delestrogen 0.4 tomorrow. My progesterone level is a bit on the low side so they are having me up it tonight. All is good to go for Tuesdays transfer. Marissa is planning on being there for it too. Whew... here we go!

~Surro-Mama Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment