Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Great info on 5-day transfers!

I was curious as to what goes on after the embryo transfer, since my transfer is in 14 days from today... From looking at this chart, I'm putting myself on bed rest until day 5 after transfer. My clinic requires just after transfer and the day after for bed rest, but I'm going to be more cautious. I have a whole game plan ready, I'm so excited! Plus adding acupuncture in the process is going to help.


5-Day Transfer (this was taken from http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org)
Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
Embryo Development
One The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
Two The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
Three The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
Four Implantation continues
Five Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
Six Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
Seven Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Eight Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Nine Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment