Monday, March 24, 2014

I got my PINEAPPLES for transfer!

Brandon and I went grocery shopping last night and we picked up my pineapple for transfer day. Sounds silly, but I've read some awesome things about pineapple.

They say that pineapple is an implantation aid, and the rule of thumb after an embryo transfer is to cut the pineapple into 5 pieces, and eat a piece of pineapple, including the core, for five days, counting transfer day as Day 1.

So what is it about pineapple that makes it so special? Apparently, there are indications that the bromelain in pineapple increases cervical mucous. This increase in cervical mucous can make the uterus “stickier,” which can lead to increased rates of implantation. Most of the bromelain in the pineapple is found in the core, so it is important to eat that part along with the meat.

For IVF: one pineapple, divided into 5 pieces. Consume one piece each day for 5 days, beginning on the day of embryo transfer.

I got all of this awesome information from this blog: http://withgreatexpectation.com/infertility/three-days-post-transfer-plus-whats-the-deal-with-pineapple/

Good thing I love pineapple! I'll be eating it everyday after transfer until I'm sick of it-haha!

~Surro-Mama Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment