Tuesday, April 1, 2014

TRANSFER DAY!



After all of this preparation today is finally here. It's still so surreal to me. As I'm laying here in bed thinking about how it all happened today, I'm so grateful for the experience.

Brandon got off of work early and picked me up. I was a bit nervous.. actually I was really nervous. Brandon asked if I was going to be okay. I just kept taking deep breaths in the car ride to ORM. When we arrived, Brandon took a photo of me outside in the parking garage.  Then we headed inside.



My lucky green shirt! LOVE it!

I was drinking water all morning so when I arrived, I had to pee. I checked in and asked the front desk lady if I could pee first before going back. She said I could as long as I drank two bottles of water. But someone was using the restroom. Then a nurse called me back to prep for transfer. I asked the nurse if I could pee and she said she'd rather have me wait until they can check my bladder. Morgan, my Acupuncturist arrived right as they brought us back.

Talking with the nurse

They brought us into a room and they had me change into a hospital gown, hair cap and booties. Morgan began the acupuncture right away. Right after she put the needles in, Marissa my Coordinator came in to say hi and to wish us the best. Then shortly after, the Embryologist Rebecca came in to talk about the embryos. She confirmed that we would be transferring one boy and one girl from each father. She said the embryos were perfect and they dethawed great. They were frozen on Day 5 of being created. Rebecca seemed very optimistic about the embryos. After Rebecca left, Dr. Hesla came in to say hi and to see if we had any questions. The nurse came in with an ultrasound machine to check how full my bladder was and she said it was good. After she did the ultrasound I had to pee even more after the pressure on my belly. When Morgan came back in to remove the acupuncture needles, I let her know that I *really* needed to pee so she let the nurse know. They let me empty a cup full and I felt much better.

My Acupuncturist, Morgan with Willow Tree Wellness
I laid back on my bed until it was show time. The nurse came in and asked me how many embryos we are transferring and I said two. She said okay, I just want to make sure before I give you Valium. I took the Valium and laid there for a bit. They rolled me into the "Transfer room" and it was mainly dark with the light for the doctor to see and the ultrasound machine. There was a screen to my right that was off but then turned on with a photo of the embryos. The boy embryo already started hatching which is great! He's a little overachiever! And the little girl looked like Minni Mouse. I wish I had a photo to share. They mentioned e-mailing it to me, but I haven't received it yet. Dr. Hesla explained what he would be doing. The nurse and embryologist, Rebecca confirmed my name and the Father's names with me to confirm that we transfer the right embryos. The nurse checked my bladder with the ultrasound and my bladder was still a bit too full so they had me pee a cup full again. And even after that it was STILL full but not uncomfortably full thankfully.

After Dr. Hesla cleaned my cervix, he gave the embryologist the "Okay" and she brought out the catheter with the embryos. He inserted the catheter carefully watching on the ultrasound screen. And within two minutes the transfer was complete! Rebecca stood on my right side with her fingers crossed and smiling. He said that he placed the embryos in a really good spot in my uterus and everything looked great. He asked me not to move and to stay laying flat while they rolled me back into the room I was in before.

After transfer acupuncture


I love this photo Brandon took of my hands after transfer acupuncture. My lucky bracelets.
Now we wait... the waiting game is the worst but I hope that both babies get cozy! My first blood draw, beta is on April 10th, 9 days! I plan on taking home pregnancy tests before the beta and asked permission from my IF's that it would be okay. They would like to know soon! I'm sure they are so anxious. 

~Surro-Mama Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment