Saturday, March 15, 2014

20 days of medication & first acupuncture appointment success!

I just wanted to give a little update on how things are going so far. I've been on medication (Lupron & just started Delestrogen on the 10th) for 20 days now. I've surprisingly haven't had any crazy side effects. Don't get my wrong, I am very thankful that I haven't had headaches or insomnia but it makes me question if the medication is working-haha! I'm sure it is and maybe my body is processing it well.

Last night was my second dose of Delestrogen. This is the one where Brandon has to inject it for me in my backside. I felt pretty good about it since the first one went well. But last night after pulling the needle out, it started bleeding. I of course had to ask my surrogate friends if this was okay. And it's completely normal. It just threw my off guard since it didn't bleed the first time. Right after the injection, I massaged it and put a heating pad on it so it would absorb better. It's really been helping! I've heard if you don't massage the area, you can get lumps, bumps and aches. So I don't want to chance it.

Today I met with the Acupuncturist that will be at my transfer. Her name is Morgan with Willow Tree Wellness. I was completely impressed! She is so sweet and easy to talk to. We went over my history and any concerns I had. We talked about the surrogacy and how I'm feeling. Then we proceeded onto the acupuncture. She focused on stimulating my uterus and helping with relaxation. I felt amazing afterwards! I love holistic healthcare. Although I am doing acupuncture for the surrogacy, it's also a wonderful treat for my well being. I have another appointment next Saturday and every week until transfer day and even a couple days after transfer. I want this to be successful so I will do whatever I can to help. I'm still going strong with drinking my Red Raspberry Leaf tea everyday. 3-4 cups a day. My uterus is going to be strong and ready!

I'm so anxious for my appointment this coming up Thursday to check my lining and do more blood work. I hope my lining is nice and thick! Fluffy, fluffy thoughts!

~Surro-mama Angela

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing this information.There are many people don't believe that acupuncture treatment is best way to get rid from pain and stress.But one thing should remember to get acupuncture treatment you have to the find out the bestacupuncture point who actually have skilled #acupuncturist.Because they can provide actual treatment as well as therapy.

    ReplyDelete