Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Psychological Evaluation DONE!

This morning Brandon and I woke up bright (well it was still dark) and early to head to our pysch eval in Portland. Thankfully our friend M is flexible and was able to come over early to watch our trio.

I completed my intake form prior to the appointment and Brandon filled his out there. We met with the Dr. and she went through our forms and asked us questions about the surrogacy. How we felt, the possibilities, the negative scenarios etc. I don't know why I was nervous about it. It was a breeze! I think because we've done a lot of research on all of this and we have friends who have been a surrogate before. We definitely KNOW what we're getting into. We know it's not going to be easy. We know the negative outcomes. But we honestly feel that the gift of giving a family a child is priceless. I think about it and I get a warm feeling inside. This is something that I've always wanted to do.

After our interview with the Dr. She informed us that we passed and as long as I pass the exam all will be good. I asked to get a copy of her report. I'm so curious! We said our good-byes and she had me sit in the lobby to take the 338 question MMPI exam. It took me about 20 minutes to complete. I didn't second guess my answers (except two because I read them differently). I was glad to be DONE!

I'm still waiting to see if I get approved for the Kaiser insurance NWSC referred me to get. I should hear back this week or early next week. After that, they should be able to send off my profile to potential IP's (IP = Intended Parents). Then off to Match Land we go! We're moving right along....

Blessings,
Surro-Mama Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment