Sunday, October 5, 2014

Why I chose to be a surrogate and what it means to me.......


Photo taken 4/1/14 the day we transferred two beautiful babies into my uterus

This journey has been such an amazing learning experience so far. A lot of people who aren't familiar with surrogacy usually have a lot of questions or make assumptions, which at times can be very ignorant. The very deserving fathers that I am carrying for are from France, a country where surrogacy is not accepted. They have to constantly fight for their rights to have a family of their own. It breaks my heart to see such discrimination in our world. I never gave it a second thought to carry for a same sex couple. In my eyes, they are no different than myself and my husband. Love is love and they deserve to have their own family.

I decided to write this blog post about WHY I chose to be a surrogate and what it means to me.

After having three amazing children of my own, it truly makes you realize that we are on this earth to make a difference in some one's life. I knew that I wanted to help a couple in a extraordinary way so I looked into becoming a surrogate. A couple years of research and after having our last baby, I knew it was my time to help another family.

I don't take this journey lightly. One thing that means a lot to me is to have a close relationship with the parents. I want to be a part of their lives, not just for the 9 months I'm carrying their babies for but for a lifetime. I want to watch the children grow up, have them know who I am and that I helped their parents become a family. This means so much to me that it's difficult for me to find the words to describe how I feel, but I can tell you this.... I am SO proud to be a surrogate for two amazing people who are going to be incredible fathers to their babies. This has been far from easy for them and I know what a journey it has already been. I'm so happy to be heading into my 30th week of pregnancy with their babies.

With so many advancements and miraculous achievements our world has created and a country such as France with great accomplishments all throughout history, one can only hope that sooner rather than later one of the greatest medical achievements of modern science (in my opinion) would become just as normal and accepted as it should be.
The papas recorded a bed time story for them so they can hear their voices.

#proudsurrogate





No comments:

Post a Comment