Wednesday, October 1, 2014

29 weeks tomorrow!

This is why I don't blog, it's been over a month since I posted an update! Shame on me.

I'm happy to report that everything is going well so far. The babies are constantly moving around.

Last week I did the two hour Glucose Screening. After I drank the glucola drink, I felt like I needed to throw up. I kept gagging. Brandon had to grab me some water as we were waiting. I didn't want to start over again. Unfortunately my fasting glucose level was 95 and they want it at 93. My levels after drinking the glucola came back as passed both times. Now I have to poke my finger 4 times a day and monitor my blood sugar levels at home until I have the babies. Not going to lie, I'm not too thrilled about it but I'll do whatever I have to. Once I get in a routine, it's easy. So far my numbers have been good.

Only 55 days until the papas arrive to Portland! And 77 days from my due date, December 18th. Time is flying by with this pregnancy. Between all the appointments, the kids, and just being busy it's going by quickly.

At my last ultrasound a couple of weeks ago, both babies weighed over two pounds each and baby girl was head down and baby boy was still transverse right underneath my boobs. They still have a lot of time to move around. Hoping and praying that they both get in good positions to have a vaginal birth. As long as baby girl is head down, we're good to go!

I've been doing a lot of thinking on my birth plan and what I would like to decline etc. Hospital births are SO much different from home births. I'm learning a lot as I go. I'm excited that the papas would like to be in the room when their babies are born. I made sure to ask just in case. I wasn't sure if they would feel uncomfortable or not. I'm totally fine with it and I'm glad they are too. To see them meet their babies for the first time is going to be priceless! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment