Friday, January 10, 2014

Medical Screening SUCCESS!

I had butterflies in my tummy all morning... Brandon and I arrived at ORM's westside location (which is very close to us, closer than I thought!).



We checked in and waited a bit to be called back.

Once we got called back, Brandon went to do his blood work while I went into the exam room. Then he met me in the exam room after he was done.



I drank a good amount of water before the appointment as instructed for the ultrasound. One of the techs took a quick peek to see if it was full enough once they brought us back into the exam room. She asked me to drink a bit more to get it more full. Shortly after, Dr. Hesla came in and greeted us. He explained what we were going to do today, which I already read through the itinerary that was e-mailed to me so we were all on the same page.

We did the mock transfer first, then he let me empty my bladder and we proceeded with the saline ultrasound to make sure there were no polyps or anything else that may need attention before getting pregnant. Everything checked out beautifully! He said that everything looked terrific and healthy for surrogacy. It was very quick and painless.

We met with Marissa, one of Dr. Hesla's Coordinator's and she went over specifics with us on what to expect moving forward. We looked at a sample calendar with what medications to inject and take. We went over how to do the injections to prep my body for a pregnancy and even practiced with a fake piece of skin (it was just rubber). The egg donor's coordinator will be in touch with my coordinators with dates and everything by late next week. So we hope to have an exact transfer date soon! From what we gathered today it will be the middle of March. It works out perfectly because I will be attending the Sacred Doula Retreat in Sebastian, FL on March 5th-9th. Which I am beyond excited for!



March looks like it's going to be a magical month...Can't wait to help these awesome guys become Papas! Until next time...

Surro-Mama Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment