Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hello "Aunt Flow"! Cycle Day 1

Well my cycle decided to start a week before it was due. I called Heather at ORM to let her know that I started. She said that we'll need to reschedule my medical testing appointment for sooner since I started earlier. The timing of my cycle has to be between a certain amount of days for the testing.

The Pre-Cycle Testings consists of:

Sonohysterogram (SIS)- This procedure is used to determine if there are any abnormalities of the uterine cavity that could interfere with pregnancy. The optimal time for the test is just at the end of menses and before mid-cycle (typically day 6-11 of cycle). I will need to take an antibiotic the morning and evening of the procedure to prevent the unlikely chance of an infection.

Mock Transfer- This procedure is done to determine the ease of passing the embryo catheter. The optimal time for this test is in the middle of your menstrual cycle (between days 12-15). I will need a full bladder for this procedure.

Doppler Ultrasound- This procedure is performed to determine resistance to uterine blood flow. Studies have demonstrated that increased resistance is associated with lower blood flow and lower chance of pregnancy. In the case of resistance we can use a particular acupuncture protocol which has been shown to potentially increase chances of pregnancy. It's best to do this test in the middle of your menstrual cycle (between days 12-15) and is often done at the same visit as the mock transfer.

I was also informed to start my birth control pills this Saturday, cycle day 3. The pharmacist wasn't very clear on when to start and said the first Sunday after my flow. Good thing I asked Heather to confirm. So I will start that on Saturday morning when I take my prenatal vitamins. I haven't taken birth control pills in SO long. I hope it doesn't affect me much.

Hopefully I will get a new date for my medical testing at ORM tomorrow! Brandon and I also have to do blood work and measurements on Monday, Jan 6th for our life insurance policy for the surrogacy. So many steps, but we are getting closer and closer!

Until next time....

Surro-Mama Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment