Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bed Rest!

I have never been on bed rest before so to be honest I was a little excited about it. A whole day of doing nothing but relaxing! I wouldn't have been able to get through it without my wonderful Mom and Husband. Brandon took half a day off from work again to help with the trio.

The kids came in and out of my room to say hi and see how I was doing. My oldest, who's 4.5 years old asked me to go for a walk. I told her that I couldn't walk today. She of course asked "why?" I explained to her that there is a baby boy and baby girl inside my belly and I needed to relax to help them grow. This was her reaction....

She's quite the actress
 I showed her the photo of the Fathers that I'm carrying for and she totally gets it. I told her that it's their babies and I'm helping to grow them in my belly. Needless to say, she was pretty amazed.

The day seemed to go by fast for some reason. I thought maybe it would go slow. I had a peanut protein smoothie from Emerald City Smoothie that Brandon got for me. It was delicious! I also had the Mediterranean sandwich from Potbelly Sandwich Shop. It's one of my favorite veggie sandwiches with roasted red peppers, hummus, cucumbers, artichokes hearts and feta cheese. DELICIOUS!



I spent some time on Facebook and chatted with a few surrogate friends. My friend Crystal, who was also my Doula for Ethan's birth came for a quick visit. It was great to see her.

Towards the end of the day, Brandon, my Mom and Ethan went to the mall while the girls and I took a nap. It was seriously the best nap of my life. I slept so well and woke up feeling good. 

I do feel for women who are put on bed rest for days/weeks/months. It's not easy, that's for sure. It's definitely something I had to consider when I said I would carry twins. Let's see if both of these babies are sticking around. I can't wait to find out!

~Surro-Mama Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment