Thursday, May 22, 2014

10 weeks today!

I meant to post an update sooner but I kept postponing it. Sorry for those of you following my journey. I didn't realize how many have been following my blog so I want to say thank you for your support.

I'm 10 weeks along today! We are now in the double digits baby! WOO HOO! That's definitely something to celebrate. So far I've been feeling pretty good. I'm hungry all the time and sometimes it's a pain in the butt to snack all the time. I've been drinking lots of water as well. I get full pretty quickly.

Here's the ultrasound from last week on 5/14 at Kaiser....

It was hard to get a good picture of both babies but this one is great!
Baby A
Baby B
My OB wanted me to do an early glucose screening since I've had "big" babies and I'm pregnant with twins plus I have a higher BMI. After doing some research, I decided to ask my OB for another option. I read this great article about the "Glucola" drink that they give you for the test.

http://avivaromm.com/dont-drink-glucola-gestational-diabetes

She gave me the alternative to check my blood sugar levels at home with a monitor. I picked up the monitor and everything for it on Tuesday and met with one of the diabetic nurses to go over how to do it. It's surprisingly SUPER easy. It's been two days so far and my levels have been great according to what they are looking for. I check my BSL (blood sugar level) first thing in the morning, then two hours after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Four times a day for a week. It sounded like a lot at first but it's really not. I will email my OB after a week with my readings and she will go over it. I encourage all pregnant women to do the alternative instead of the Glucola drink.

My next ultrasound is June 6th for the NT scan. I'm already starting to show a little bit and my clothes are surely tighter. This photo is from last week. I love it because Elora, my 4 year old daughter took it for me.


Surro~Mama Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment