Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Initial Interview with NWSC!

As if I wasn't already excited enough about this whole journey, we had our initial meeting with NWSC today! For some reason, I was a bit nervous yesterday but I wasn't sure why. I think it was merely because I didn't know what to expect but it went better than I expected!

We arrived at 9am. I thought we were going to be late because we didn't leave until 8:15am and of course there was a lot of traffic heading to Portland from Beaverton. But thankfully we made it on time. I really dislike being late. It's one of my pet peeves! But I've learned that with having children...it happens. More often then I'd like to admit.

We were greeted by the Front Desk Receptionist, Georgia and she was super sweet! She gave my girls stickers, which they always love. We didn't wait very long before Amy and Molly came down stairs to greet us. Wonderful first impression! We went into the conference room and Molly went upstairs to grab a box of T-O-Y-S. So funny how she spelled it out so the girls didn't know what she was doing. When she came back down the girls were excited to have new toys to play with. We all sat down and began chatting about the process.

We discussed everything from what to expect, my needs/wants, they asked Brandon how he felt about everything, compensation, worse case scenarios, detailed information on the process, and just really getting to know each other. The kiddos did pretty good while we were there. Ethan slept half of the time and the girls played with the toys but had some tantrums here and there. But that's to be expected haha. 

Molly was very realistic and easy to talk to. And Amy is just a pleasure to chat with. We left even MORE confident in this decision to embark on this surrogacy journey. We laughed so much throughout the meeting, it was awesome! Once they receive my records from Ethan's pregnancy & birth they will send off my records for all three of my pregnancies/birth to the fertility clinic to get approved. Then I will go through my psych evaluation and apply for insurance if necessary. They will share my profiles with IP's (intended parents) and find me the perfect match. 

This is just the beginning of something beautiful! Stay tuned! ;) 

Surro-Mama Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment