Sunday, September 15, 2013

I'm going to be a SURROGATE!

I am SO excited for my first blog post! Thank you for following me on this amazing journey of becoming a surrogate. Being a surrogate has always been something I pondered over. I always thought the gift of a child, a beautiful miracle is truly the ultimate gift of all. I really feel that once I have the experience of being a surrogate, my life will be complete. 

Let's start with a little introduction....

My name is Angela and I live in Beaverton, OR. I am originally from San Diego, CA. I lived in Arizona for 4 grueling years (loved the people, not the state) and we (husband, Brandon and I) decided that we needed to plant our roots and decide where we want to raise our growing family. We took a mini vacation to Portland, OR in July of 2011 and stayed for three days. That's all it took, three days for us to know that this is where we belong. We absolutely LOVE the NW! 

Brandon and I have been married for 5 years this coming up November 22nd. And we have been together for 7 years. We have three BEAUTIFUL little beings that look a lot like us. Elora (4yo), Eliana (2yo), and Ethan (3 months). We initially wanted 4 children before we even had any. But once we had them, we decided three is an EXCELLENT number for us! I had three AMAZING home births and my pregnancies went really well. I had the typical aches and pains as I got further along, but nothing that I couldn't handle. I actually really, really, REALLY LOVE being pregnant! Call me crazy, but I really do. But our family is complete now which is why I have started my journey to become a surrogate. 

I am working with Northwest Surrogacy Center here in Portland. I've been working with Amy (who is amazing by the way!) We have been chatting since last year. She has been so helpful and has been a pleasure to work with. I finally get to meet her in person this coming up week which I am SO excited about. In fact, they get to meet my whole troop! Brandon and I will be bringing our trio with us so they can meet them as well. I'm pretty adamant that my children know what's going on. (as much as they can possibly understand at their young ages) So far we have completed their Questionaire and the background check. Everything is good to go to move forward! There are a lot of steps, but so worth it.

I will keep you all posted on this amazing journey! I'm staying optimistic until I know otherwise ;)

Blessings, Love & Health, 

Surro-Mama Angela

Photo taken on 8/31/2013 by Nicole White
                    https://www.facebook.com/photographybynicolewhite

No comments:

Post a Comment